Our CSA has almost begun! And we are so ready to have farm veggies coming out of our ears. But in the meantime, our NYC window garden has given us a hearty head start in the veggie and herb department.
- Mesclun – For Big Potluck Salads
- Mustard Greens – Cooked with Garlic, or Raw in a Salad
- Sweet Peppers – Baked Stuffed Red Peppers with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta and Thyme (recipe courtesy of Martha)
- Eggplant – Being asked to choose one eggplant dish is like being asked to choose between your children… am I right, Sophie?
- Cherry Tomatoes – With which we will do any of these fabulous 10 Things
- Parsley – Say, in an [Oh, My] Goddess Dressing?
- Chives – In everything. (And also Cheddar-Chive Biscuits on the occasional adventurous Sunday)
- Scallions – Peanut Noodles
- Thyme – Roasted Potatoes with Olive Oil and Thyme
- Sage – Butternut Squash with Sage Oil
- Basil – Vegan Pesto
- Lavender – Lavender Honey Ice Cream, and Teas
- The Lemon Tree – Which somehow remains still alive to this day and with which we will enjoy Lavender-Lemon Infused Gin
- Some Flowers – Mostly for joy
- And a cat named Rufus Waddlesworth
While the season has just begun, the leaves in our windows are just a harbinger of the harvest to come.