Take, for example, our Vitamix – yes, a freaking Vitamix – courtesy of one spectacular pal, Grace. (A million thanks for that one, it seriously comes in handy.)
What will I ever do with this Vitamix? Wait… a bagillion things. Not to sound like a 4am infomercial, but I can now: make my own almond milk, blend soups, go raw for a week, give my poor juicer a break, or make some dazzling vegan dressings for my homegirl who just re-gave up dairy. (She’s whoopin’ my tuches on the vegan front.)
I found this recipe from the Oh She Glows blog – and she does!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup packed avocado flesh (2 small)
- 7-8 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup packed green onion (dark green part only, not white)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Touch of honey and/or agave
As per usual, I futzed around with it. I used whatever basil and parsley we had in our window garden (pictures coming soon!) – which didn’t quite add up to a cup’s worth of each. Used a regular onion because I was strangely out of scallions, replaced cayenne for black pepper, and faked it with little of this/little of that-ing.