We’ve gotten blueberries three weeks in a row from our share, which can only mean a clear blinking roadside sign that says “MAKE MUFFINS”. Which we did. And are glad about it.
Blueberry muffins are the happiest way to celebrate the summer, and an even happier way to celebrate our independence. And brilliantly, our farm had a muffin recipe up on their website. We skipped their lemon-sugar topping, but used their ingredients as inspiration and were granted a spirited flag to top ’em off.
Our Share’s Muffins:
• 2 cups fresh blueberries (from the farm!)
• 1 1/8 cups sugar plus 1 teaspoon
• 2 1/2 cups of flour
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon table salt
• 2 large eggs
• 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter , melted and cooled
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup buttermilk (or 3/4 cup of yogurt)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Num num num…
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Serve with sparklers and a side of fireworks.